Coronavirus : India is set to record over 25,000 weekly Covid cases, which is the highest seven-day tally in three months and around 45 percent higher than the tally in the previous seven days. However, the death tally continued to remain low.
The country is expected to record more than 25,300 new cases between May 30 and June 5, with the maximum cases in Kerala and Maharashtra. Meanwhile, 10 states reported a surge of Covid cases. Previously, the weekly cases were recorded between March 7-13.
India logged 4,518 new coronavirus infections taking the tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,31,81,335, while the active cases increased to 25,782, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Monday. The death toll climbed to 5,24,701 with nine fresh fatalities, the data updated at 8 am stated. The active cases comprise 0.06 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate was recorded at 98.73 per cent, the ministry said.
Here are the Covid updates from across the country:
– Ten states including Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and others have reported a rise in weekly cases.
– Maharashtra on Sunday reported 1,494 fresh cases, including 961 in Mumbai, and one fatality due to the infection.
– Maharashtra has reintroduced compulsory masking in public, except in open spaces, due to a surge in the covid cases in the last few days.
– Delhi on Sunday logged 343 fresh COVID-19 cases with a positivity rate of 1.91 per cent while no new death was reported due to the viral disease, according to data shared by the city health department.
– Maharashtra environment and tourism minister Aaditya Thackeray said the state could be witnessing the fourth wave of Covid-19 and urged people not to panic
– Karnataka on Sunday reported 301 fresh COVID-19 infections and one fatality, the State Health department said. The infections include 291 in Bengaluru Urban district, three in Mysuru, and two in Dakshina Kannada.
– Shah Rukh Khan on Sunday tested positive for Covid-19, sources confirmed to CNN-News18. Last month, Akshay Kumar had tested positive for Covid and on Saturday, news of Kartik Aaryan and Aditya Roy Kapur testing positive for Covid-19 made the headlines.
The Kashmir Bulletin is a news platform and Advertising agency based in Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir. The Kashmir Bulletin was founded in the year 2019 to fulfill the needs of digital audience to achieve objective journalism. We provide unbiased news as we believe in pure journalism.